Application Closes on Monday, February 15th.
The Broadway Collective is seeking an experienced Hiring Coordinator. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive. The Hiring Coordinator oversees the entire hiring process for the organization — from recruitment to onboarding.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This 1099 contractor position reports to our Operations Manager. You will work closely with the CEO and Director of Operations.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Hiring Coordinator
Position Type: 1099 Contractor
Reports to: Operations Manager
This position is responsible for managing the entire hiring funnel from recruitment of talent to onboarding new team members.
- Generate job postings based on company roles and responsibilities documents
- Recruit effective candidates to apply for all open positions
- Review applications and screen candidates for interviews
- Schedule and coordinate interviews at all parts of the hiring process
- Interview candidates to determine if they are an appropriate fit for the culture of the organization
- Coordinate interviews with the Operations team as well as the CEO
- Prepare job offers
- Onboard new employees
- Assist the Operations team with additional tasks as needed
- We have qualified candidates applying for appropriate positions.
- Our job postings reach the correct candidate pools.
- Talent acquisition process is systematized and allows for candidates to feel supported throughout the process.
- High quality candidates accept job offers and successfully onboard to the team.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in talent recruitment and/or human resources.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in DISC profile assessment.
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets.
- Proficiency in hiring and human resources systems.
- Proficiency in Asana task management system.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- 1099 Contractor
- Flexible schedule with some required time during normal work hours of Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm ET
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!