The Broadway Collective is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the growth of our educational programs. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive. The Program Coordinator is a key role in ensuring that these programs run smoothly with student nurture and growth as a driving force. We are seeking a theater-minded educator that can coordinate these programs and help elevate them to the next level.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This full-time position reports to our Education Manager. You will work closely with the Education department and our Director of Talent. This position will be responsible for coordinating with several contractors–including Broadway professionals–that serve as coaches and mentors for our students.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTIRACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Program Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Education Manager
The Program Coordinator works closely with the Education Manager in ensuring that all educational programs are properly managed and students are moving forward in their personal wellness and educational growth as musical theater artists.
- Build and maintain programming tools such as rosters, coursebooks, online classrooms, and social engagement
- Organize and manage asset libraries including sheet music, monologues, and other student deliverables
- Coordinate schedules of teachers and coaches to work with students in various programs
- Onboard new students and parents to new programs and provide ongoing assistance as needed
- Review student homework and track student progress to ensure growth and address concerns
- Schedule and coordinate webinars and other live programs
- Communicate with students and parents via phone, email and social channels
- Assist with technical support for online programs via Canvas LMS
- Provide daily reports on student progress and concerns to the Education Manager
- Create social media content and assist with basic photo and video editing
- Students are given clear direction throughout their entire program from pre-work to delivery.
- Student benchmarks are achieved to identify areas of growth and improvement.
- Clear understanding of all students in the program in regards to progress, work ethic, and best next training steps.
- Knowledge of musical theatre (music, acting, dancing)
- Education background preferred
- Ability to use educational technology including learning management systems (Canvas LMS)
- Ability to create basic graphics and materials within Canva design platform
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm EST as well as occasional weekend and evening hours depending on program needs
- Competitive salary and benefits package including insurance and 401k contributions
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!