The Broadway Collective is seeking a Sales Specialist. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This full-time position reports to our Director of Operations.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Sales Specialist
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Director of Operations
This position will be responsible for the enrollment of The Broadway Collective courses and hybrid programs. This position will be responsible for bringing in and retaining families that fit our ideal avatar. This includes executing enrollment calls, attending strategy sessions and assisting in the creation of processes to improve enrollment and retention.
- Learn, believe, and execute our Student-Centric Mission. We expect our team members to not only understand what we’re providing and what we do but why we do it and our company intentions.
- Learn the nuances and benefits of our course offerings at an expert level, distinguish the value above other companies, and facilitate closing calls with families.
- Work within our enrollment project management system to ensure high visibility around enrollment data and metrics. Meticulously record and keep track of enrollment metrics and milestones.
- Attend all Targeted Interactions (meetings) within the company and be an advocate for the enrollment critical numbers.
- Innovating lead generation processes by taking part in leadership meetings.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure there is alignment and a clear trajectory for the family’s life cycle with us.
- Maintain a database that ensures other enrollment team members are able to respond to technical, financial, and course offering questions from both potential and existing families.
- Representing our company as the first point of contact for families.
- Follow up with families and cultivate company-parent relationships.
- Coordinating the enrollment team and assisting with recruiting and training new hires.
- Conducting market research and sharing findings with the team.
- Leads are properly investigated and all families are receiving proper care and customer service.
- We are consistently bringing in families that are a good fit for our programming.
- Metrics for enrollment and leads are being tracked appropriately so we can easily see and understand the company enrollment needs.
- Strategy sessions are being conducted with Marketing and respective company leadership positions.
- We can see data, systems, processes, and growth in our enrollment department.
- Metrics and milestones are consistently improved.
- Seeing you on Zoom in the morning is a delight. Kindness and culture are the bedrock of The Broadway Collective.
- You finish what you start with intention and excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or similar.
- 2 + years of sales experience minimum
- Ability to work with integrity and bring the right families into our programs. Our programs are built with gracious intention and the ability to discern and work with the right family is essential.
- Proven track record in the sales industry with the ability to exceed key performance indicators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- High level of confidence in yourself and what you’re providing.
- A proactive self-starter with a flexible work approach and a motivated, energetic, “can-do” attitude.
- Polished presentation/work approach and a helpful, supportive spirit.
- A problem solver with the ability to prioritize and work autonomously, and the initiative to drive solutions.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm EST as well as occasional weekend and evening hours depending on program needs
- Competitive salary and benefits package including insurance and 401k contributions
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!