Social Content Manager
The Broadway Collective is seeking a Social Content Manager to support our online platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Podcast, and Blog) through community outreach and content production. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive. The Social Content Manager is a key role in ensuring that our clients are connected with our organization. We are seeking a social media expert that can produce content aimed at building our growing brand.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This full-time position reports to our Marketing Manager. This position will be responsible for strategizing and creating content that attracts, converts, and delivers
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Social Content Manager
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Social Content Manager works closely with the Marketing Manager in ensuring that all social media platforms are congruent with the organization’s marketing objectives, goals, and values. This position will supervise the Social Content Producer.
- Create and direct a comprehensive social media strategy among Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Podcast, and Blog channels
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team to build a strategic social media presence across all platforms as it pertains to program launches, sales campaigns, and educational programming
- Build and maintains a yearly social media calendar
- Design all content and copy for social media platforms in accordance with the social media strategy and calendar
- Research trends and audience preferences to best utilize social media for attracting and engaging students
- Collect and analyze social media performance data as it pertains to social media strategy
- Generate reports on both high performing and low performing content monthly
- Strategize, draft, and evaluate content creation on all social platforms.
- Compile, organize, and optimize all social media assets needed for all campaigns
- Assist with basic photo and video editing
- We will have active and engaged conversations on all social media platforms.
- Our social media strategy will align with the company’s overall marketing plan.
- Campaigns are continuously optimized based on performance, achieved departmental goals, and prospective and current student engagement.
- Proven skills and experience with managing brand platforms
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Podcast, and Blog)
- Strong knowledge in design direction as well as social media strategy and implementation
- Ability to draft, direct, and deliver creative content (text, audio, image, and video)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Comfort in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in Canva required
- Experience in Social Media Marketing and Graphic Design required
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm EST as well as occasional weekend and evening hours depending on program needs
- Competitive salary and benefits package including insurance and 401k contributions
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!