Special Events Coordinator
The Broadway Collective is seeking a Special Events Coordinator to ensure that all special events are successfully executed from launch to delivery. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive. The Special Events Coordinator works to provide students + contracted talent with an exceptional experience throughout all events for The Broadway Collective, serving as the first point of contact for all concerns and troubleshooting that may occur during an event.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This part-time employee position reports to our Special Events Manager. You will work closely with the Education and Operations Departments. This position will be responsible for regularly coordinating with several vendors, contracted talent, as well as students and parents.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Special Events Coordinator
Position Type: Part-Time Employee
Reports to: Special Events Manager
This position is responsible for supporting the Special Events Manager with all aspects of program delivery including technical troubleshooting, customer delight, and exceeded team expectations to ensure that events are successful.
- Connect and communicate with committed families, contracted talent, and team from planning to expert delivery
- Monitor committed families, contracted talent, and full team matriculation through special events
- Report, remedy, and rectify any potential problems and onsite concerns to the Special Events Manager
- Attend all classes and programs to ensure that they are ran smoothly
- Communicate with teachers and coaches if any issues arise
- Prepare videos, learning materials and onboarding for committed students in the delivery phases
- Manage all Zoom links and breakout sessions for digital program delivery
- We see students and parents having an exceptional experience and telling others about the difference they experienced through our special events.
- Our contracted talent noticeably feels and verbalizes the difference of prep, care, and execution in our special events.
- Processes, procedures, and routines are optimized to allow for even further advancement and delight.
- Excellent event planning and management skills
- Communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player
- Experience preferred with the following systems:
- G Suite
ABOUT THE POSITION
- 20-30 work hours each week aligned with program offerings including some evenings and weekends during delivery mode
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!