The Broadway Collective is seeking a highly experienced Marketing Manager to develop digital marketing strategy and support its implementation. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This full-time position reports to our Director of Operations. You will work closely with the CEO and manage the Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Assistant. You will be responsible for coordinating with several digital marketing contractors.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Marketing Manager
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Director of Operations
Marketing: This position is responsible for leading the planning, development, and execution of the organization’s marketing and advertising initiatives. The position will track conversion data and determine where adjustments need to be made in the campaigns to ensure we are always utilizing the most effective marketing efforts and are optimizing our campaigns. This is a strategic position and requires the ability to foresee our marketing needs at a high level and also the ability to implement and project manage. This position will be responsible for overseeing lead generation, lead nurture and conversion.
Enrollment: This position is responsible for leading the enrollment department in its initiatives. Enrollment team members will report directly to this position. You will be responsible for understanding and tracking enrollment metrics and milestones with the enrollment team and supporting them. You will be responsible for constantly reviewing and understanding the current enrollment process and how we can improve it. Creating a seamless flow from lead, lead nurture to conversion.
- Plan and support the marketing department’s initiatives.
- Plan and develop program launches including creative briefs for contractors
- Constantly review our family-facing copy (website, ads, funnels, social media, etc) to determine consistency in branding and any updates that need to be made.
- Drive logistics for marketing campaigns with our contractors and needs from our team and theirs.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on the copy for marketing platforms/ campaigns, social, articles, websites, etc to ensure it is on-brand.
- Constantly monitor and review our marketing campaigns to ensure they are effective and make adjustments as necessary.
- Directly responsible for the development of marketing strategies for the following platforms:
- Optins, video sequences, downloads for lead gen
- Promotional emails to list
- FB Bot
- Social media advertising (multiple platforms)
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Consistently reviewing and reporting:
- Cost per lead
- Cost per acquisition
- Cost per conversion
- ROMI- return on marketing investment
- Weekly review and check-ins with the enrollment team to understand metrics, conversions, areas of improvement.
- Training and onboarding new enrollment representative(s)
- Reviewing and understanding our enrollment metrics and milestones and create/ lead updates as needed.
- Consistently reviewing the process in which a lead goes through lead, lead nurturing, lead conversion to ensure it is clear, seamless and easy to a minimum effective dose.
- Driving enrollment projects and updates.
- We have clear and consistent communication with our marketing contractors.
- We are marketing to our ideal client in a way that is consistent, on-brand and converting.
- All marketing campaigns and initiatives are produced on-time, following the plan and strategy.
- We have clear marketing plans, systems, processes and KPIs that are being followed.
- We have a clear understanding of how each marketing campaign is working, its results, and how well it is being optimized.
- Market trends are constantly being reviewed and reported on so we can ensure we are always putting out the most effective marketing efforts.
- We have an easy flow from lead, lead nurture, to lead conversion that is consistently being reviewed and updated as needed.
- Our enrollment department is confidently meeting and exceeding targets and are supported in the tracking of metrics and milestones.
- Enrollment projects are being driven and completed on target.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing + sales
- Data-driven and outcome-based
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record with enrollment and marketing abilities
- Ability to lead and direct people
- Ability to come up with and understand strategy and implementation
- Interested in and able to research market trends
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Understanding of good A/B testing
- Can understand social platforms and copy
- Experience with new technology (bots, funnels, social media advertising, etc)
- Team player
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm EST as well as occasional weekend and evening hours depending on program needs
- Competitive salary and benefits package including insurance and 401k contributions
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!