The Broadway Collective is seeking a Program Assistant to support the education department in providing our students with an exceptional experience in all programs. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This 1099 contractor position reports to our Education Manager. You will work closely with students, contractors, and coaches within our education department.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Program Assistant
Position Type: 1099 Contractor
Reports to: Education Manager
This position is responsible for assisting in the weekly operations of a specific cohort of students in our online program, Hello Broadway, as well as additional tasks as assigned by the Education department. The role is responsible for monitoring progress for their cohort and providing weekly feedback and progress reports to the Education department.
- Managing Coaches
- Ensuring that coaches are submitting their student feedback on time and quality control of coach feedback
- Fielding questions from coaches and funneling them to the correct TBC team members
- Managing students
- Tracking student progress using AirTable
- Engaging with students and their parents in our private Facebook Group
- Structured 1:1 support calls with students and their parents to evaluate and shepherd their progress
- Reaching out to students who are falling behind and helping them create a game plan for success
- Managing student matriculation for the team
- Helping the TBC team develop student outcomes and best next steps for future programming
- Reporting findings and patterns on the students to the TBC team
- Managing Coaches
- We have a clear path of student success from start of a program through the program completion.
- Student achievement is outlined and benchmarks are identified throughout the tracking process.
- The education team has a clear picture of the successes and challenges for each student in the program.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- A comprehensive knowledge of the professional musical theatre industry
- A heart for education and the unique needs of this generation
- Proficiency in Zoom (required)
- Proficiency in Google G Suite (required)
- Willingness to learn AirTable
- Proficiency in Canvas (preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (required)
ABOUT THE POSITION
- 1099 Contractor
- ~20 flexible work hours per week
- Will require some set evenings and weekends for education events
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!