Social Content Producer
The Broadway Collective is seeking a Social Content Producer to support our online platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Podcast, and Blog) through community outreach and content production. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college prescreen coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive. The Social Content Producer is a key role in ensuring that the content we create as an organization matches our mission statement while also being engaging and exciting to our audience.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This full-time position reports to our Social Content Manager. This position will be responsible for creating content for all platforms.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Social Content Producer
Position Type: Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Social Content Producer works closely with the Marketing Manager in ensuring that all content attracts, converts, and delivers. This person is a multi-hyphenate artist with a keen eye and heart for storytelling, superb aesthetic standards, and high technical prowess.
- Review social media and marketing strategy for the organization
- Create content (video, photo, podcasts, etc.) that is engaging and matches the strategy
- Research new media techniques and technologies to keep our content engaging and innovative
- Edit content through photo, video, and audio editing platforms
- Host and manage content creation including podcasts, videos, photos, and other social content
- Build graphics for social media, program delivery materials, and other company needs
- Review social media strategy and implementation to ensure content is engaging
- Create, edit, and publish content daily on all platforms
- Analyze engagement data post launch to optimize all social media assets for all future campaigns
- Coordinate with contractors for additional support in editing and creating content
- We will have media (photo, video, audio) that engages our audience.
- Our social media strategy will align with our marketing plan.
- The Marketing Manager will be supported in all aspects of creation, design, and delivery of content.
- Proven skills and experience with managing brand platforms
- Strong knowledge of design and digital content production
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Experience producing, editing, and hosting podcasts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suites required
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm EST as well as occasional weekend and evening hours depending on program needs
- Competitive salary and benefits package including insurance and 401k contributions
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!