Special Events Manager
The Broadway Collective is seeking a Special Events Manager to direct all special events from launch to delivery. We are an online musical theater education company based in New York City that provides four key programs: Hello Broadway, Broadway’s online academy; Hello Broadway Live, a 4 week online training program; Prescreen Prep, a college audition coaching program; and Gathered NYC, our summer intensive. The Special Events Manager oversees our Gathered NYC program as well as other special events.
MEET YOUR TEAM
This part-time position reports to our Operations Manager. You will work closely with the Education Department. This position will be responsible for coordinating with several program-specific contractors and coaches.
WHO WE ARE
The Broadway Collective is a training academy for young aspiring performers who dream about pursuing a career in the Musical Theatre industry. We prepare our students for success in the performing arts — and everywhere else in life, creating well rounded humans. Our team is composed of like-minded educators and performers who seek opportunities to challenge and develop students and push them towards their dreams.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION + ANTI-RACISM
The Broadway Collective is a multi-million dollar educational company founded by a gay Black man.
It goes without saying, we believe that Black Lives Matter.
We are committed to creating an anti-racist, trans-positive, and inclusive environment in our workplace, in our classrooms, and on Broadway stages.
We celebrate diversity and provide equality and opportunity to our team, students, and their parents—regardless of their ability, background, race, or orientation.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
The Broadway Collective has grown tremendously in the short five years of its existence. Founded by an artist, the company was built to help sustain and inspire other artists. Our team has a strong bond where everyone works together to make sure our students have the best possible experience. If you’re motivated to make a difference, this is the place for you.
WHO WE SERVE
The Broadway Collective trains forward thinking musical theatre students who choose to show up, do the work, and embrace stepping outside their comfort zone. We provide an emotionally supportive learning space, mentorship, structured curriculum, accountability, and direct access to the Broadway industry. This inclusive community of young artists–and the adults who support them–work towards their future by committing to process over product. By insisting on building better humans first, our students step into the world focused, courageous, resilient, and ready to achieve their highest potential.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
Role: Special Events Manager
Position Type: Part-Time Employee
Reports to: Operations Manager
This position is responsible for directing all special events and programs under the direction of the Operations Department. The Special Events Manager will also supervise the Special Events Coordinator in ensuring that all students have an exceptional experience from program launch to delivery.
- Communicate with teachers and coaches
- Coordinate asks and scheduling of coaches and contracted talent
- Design program schedules based on operational and educational needs
- Create digital summit delivery, infrastructure, and execution
- Support core team, coaches, and contracted talent with technical training for digital event delivery
- Provide onboarding training on company core values and expectations to all coaches and contracted talent
- Serve as control room operator during all digital summit programs
- Serve as direct supervisor for Special Events Coordinator
- We see students having an exceptional experience through all special events.
- We see coaches and contracted talent arriving to digital events prepared and motivated to share their best.
- Special Events Coordinator is provided with clear expected outcomes, training, and support to exceed expectations in digital delivery of our programs.
- Event management degree preferred
- Comfort with technology:
- Excellent event planning and management skills
- Communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Work hours are aligned with program offerings including flexible hours into the evenings and weekends
I applied...Now What?
What to expect
Once you fill out your application, you will get an automatic email to confirm that we received your info. Thank you!
Please hang tight. We will review your information as a team. You will hear from us within 2 weeks. We will let you know either A, B, or C:
A. “We’d love to schedule an interview with you.”
B. “We’d like to collect a bit more info from you and/or we have a quick question for you.”
C. “We’re grateful you applied. Thank you so much, but we don’t feel this opportunity is a match.”
We will also send you an email to notify you once the position has been filled, so that you don’t have to wonder, “What’s going on?”
We respect your time and we keep you updated throughout the process. We know it can be aggravating to wait and hear nothing from a potential employer, so we don’t do that to you!
Excited to hear from you!